Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Conner Branch"
conner branch

another small original for the shop!

in other news this is the last picture i took with my camera before i tripped over the dog and dropped it. it was old and crappy and needed replacing anyway but it still doesn't change the fact that i'm without a camera now. also choosing to get a new camera and having to because of a clumsy mistake are two different things. lame. new camera suggestions are welcome! is there one in particular that you're in love with?

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Holly, I am new to your blog.Your work is wonderful. I found you via one of the etsy clips on vimeo. I live about an hour north of you. I am including the web address of the camera I use, a Leica V-Lux 20. It is tiny; it fits in the palm of my hand. The image quality, though, is superb. Being a Leica, it is obviously not cheap, but of all the cameras I have owned I find that this is the best, especially since it is so small that I can carry it with me at all times. Good luck. Carolina

    http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/compact_cameras/v-lux_20/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend Canon SLRs and if you can afford it, spend the money on a good lens with a low aperature - it allows for shallow depth of field, which puts anything but what you're focusing on out-of-focus, if that makes sense. Gives everything a very nice, warm feel. You should be able to find one used, since lots of digital camera buffs are always trading in for the new model. Love your stuff. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete