Monday, May 31, 2010

unplug

unplug

unplug and go outside

my submission for the "signs for our time : a modern take on the wpa" group show at the naked gallery this month. i'm really pleased with it, and really want to keep it, so i know i'll be making some larger prints soon! one of my goals for this year is to work bigger and this show was the perfect opportunity to give it a try. and i've always had a crush on not only wpa posters but any public announcement posters from that era.








these are a few favorites that i've grabbed off the internet over the years and keep in a folder with a lot of other visual treasures for inspiration. so great. who knew long sleeves were so dangerous!

5 comments:

  1. o it looks great {good message too!} :)
    interested to see more big ones. i often wish for big too ~ seems like so much more could come of bigger work . . .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i love love love this! loving the message is one thing, but it being so big and beautiful makes it irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your WPA poster! (I love your work, period, but you did a great job meshing your art with the message.) Can't wait to see it in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog via the jealous curator. Your work is amazing, and I like the message in this one. It's really something I should do more often :)

    ReplyDelete