Thursday, September 3, 2009

my creative space



i feel like i've been making paper leaves for weeks! i finished up this piece and have leaves left for a few smaller ideas i have in mind. first i have another plan for this. creative multi-tasking. so for today my creative space is digital. i can wash the glue and ink from my hands for a few hours. still working on the music-related project, i am putting together an album cover.



i'm working out the fonts and text placement (the above is only for vague markers) which usually pitches me into a perfectionist's fit. it's funny because working with text only is fine. it's just the act of finding the perfect way to express an idea with words along with a piece of art that makes me a lunatic.

for some thursday listening, the mondo boys have put together a late-summer-push mix.

“WEIRD SUMMER” was created exclusively to get you through those last few incredibly sticky days of the hottest god damn summer you can remember. Fuel for the fire. Grab that boom box, hit the beach, and turn up the volume. Best served before 9.21.2009. Mucho take it easy." - MB


i love making mix tapes but am so terrible at sequencing from one track to the next. i tend to give up and just throw songs i want on there at random. the flow of this is inspiring.

10 comments:

  1. OK, I had to comment again. I was poking about and having a good look at your work. It is awesome! I am about to head over to your etsy and see what I want to start saving up for. So glad I found you through creative spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got something special there. Love the style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Hollie. Thrilled with my Dr Kennedy Jones print by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this- the colors and imagery! thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really great, what a unique style, fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's looking fantastic ~ u made me laugh re being a lunatic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so glad you like your print, kirsty!

    and thanks everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the leaves of many textures & shapes make me swoon...it is a paper thing~elk

    ReplyDelete